Downloading and Installing FitNesseIt really takes very little time and effort to get FitNesse running on your machine.
- Go to http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.DownLoad and click on "Full Distribution". Save the fitnesse.zip to some directory. Let's call that directory root.
- Unzip fitnesse.zip.
- This should create a fitnesse directory below root with the following files and folders:
- FitNesseRoot, README.txt, dotnet, license.txt, fitnesse.jar, run.bat, run.sh
- If you have nothing running on port 80 on your machine, you should see a message similar to the following:
- Fitnesse (date code) Started...
- on port 80
- using path '.'
- using dir 'FitNesseRoot'
- Not logging.
- If you don't see this, check out FitNesseWontStart.
- or if you had to edit run.bat in step 3 then go to http://localhost:8080.
Learning MoreIf you have not yet done so, check out the TwoMinuteExample. To learn more about what FitNesse acceptance testing is all about, see AcceptanceTests. If you are ready to start creating FitNesse pages and test tables, check out EditingFitNessePages and CreatingTestTables.
Add Child Page to DownloadingAndInstallingFitNesse