What to Do If You Have the Wrong Java Runtime EnvironmentFitNesse requires version 1.5 or later of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
If you see the messages:
C:\fitnesse>java -jar fitnesse.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
at fitnesse.FitNesse.parseCommandLine(Unknown Source)
at fitnesse.FitNesse.main(Unknown Source)
Press any key to continue . . .
Then you need to download and install version 1.5 or later of the JRE. Follow these steps:
- Press a key to close the command window
- Go to this download link.
- Accept the terms of agreement (if you are permitted), and click Continue.
- Download the right JRE installer for your machine and operating system.
- Launch the installer, and follow its instructions to install JRE 1.5 or later.
- Change the PATH environment variable so that it points to the new JRE.
- Go to the /bin folder that contains java.exe, and copy the pathname (for example, C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.5.0_13)
- Go to Settings>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables>PATH>Edit
- Paste in that same complete pathname
- Save the PATH environment variable, and close the System control panel
- Double-click run.bat again.
- Return to DownloadingAndInstallingFitNesse.
Add Child Page to FitNesseWontStart