A description of the FitServer component that is required for each FIT.
This is the protocol of communication between FIT and FitNesse.
FitServer is invoked by a simple console command.
Command Line Arguments:
Java usage: java fit.FitServer [-v] host port socketTicket
- Use the socketTicket to build an HTTP request of the form:
- GET /?responder=socketCatcher&ticket=socketTicket HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n
- READ document from socket
- process document and WRITE processed document to socket.
- the processes document may be written in 1 to many chunks.
- close the socket.
- exit execution with a value of (wrongs + exceptions)
- INTEGER : A integer value in the form of a 10 byte string
- 0000000000 = 0
- 0000000005 = 5
- 0000000123 = 123
- READ : Reading a value involves two step.
- read an INTEGER value, n
- read n bytes.
- count the bytes in value and write the size as an INTEGER
- write the value as bytes
Errors and Exceptions:
- Connection Error: If the STATUS recieved at connection is not zero, then somehitng has gone wrong. The value of STATUS is the length of the error message the FitNesse will send. Before exiting FitServer should read the error message and print it to standard error.
- Transaction Error: If an exception is thrown during the processing of transactions then the exception should be wrapped in an HTML table and written back over the socket as though it were the test results. An exception thrown at any other point is considered fatal and may invoke abnormal termination.
Add Child Page to FitServerProtocol